OverviewMechanic in Kitchener, ON
Grand River Hospital
Branch Kitchener ON CA
The Mechanic is expected to maintain, troubleshoot and repair the various types of equipment located throughout the Hospital. The equipment included, but it not…
The Mechanic is expected to maintain, troubleshoot and repair the various types of equipment located throughout the Hospital. The equipment included, but it not restricted to are: heating and ventilation, pumps, refrigeration, medical gas, Special Processing Department, beds and kitchen equipment. Contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitor
• Building Environment Systems (BES) Certificate and asset;
• Grade 12 or equivalent;
• Minimum 5 years experience in a maintenance department preferably in a hospital setting
• Knowledge of the Occupational health and Safety Act
• Millwright license is required and Refrigeration and Air conditioning(313A) an asset;
• Knowledge in HVAC controls, compressors, motors, gears, valves, electric and pneumatic actuators, hydraulics, mechanical drives, and other related equipment;
• Must have experience in arc and gas welding;
• Knowledge of safe use of gases related to trade;
• Excellent vision and hand/eye coordination is required for fine work;
• Read and comprehend written reports and drawings;
• Must be computer literate to be able to work with Windows based programs as well as computerized building automation systems;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public
• Ability to work well in a team environment;
• Good attendance record.
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting paper-based resumes from external candidates. For instructions on how to apply on line, please visit our website www.grhosp.on.ca or you can find instructions posted on internal posting boards found within the hospital.
Grand River Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-07-24