OverviewMcKesson Student, Procurement Operations Temporary in Saint-Laurent, QC
Branch Saint-Laurent QC CA
Student, Procurement Operations
Documents different processes relating to supply chain and inventory management. Implicates and shares information with key stakeholders to minimize risk on…
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Reporting to the Procurement Director, the Procurement Coordinator will participate on multiple initiatives and continuous improvement projects related to procurement related activities, supplier performance, reporting and analytics, expediting, product listing, and promotional activities.
Some task will also be related to a large scale planning and forecasting system implementation. Tasks could include: project coordination duties in alignment with the project plan, which also includes the promotion of the project and the responsibility of contributing and enhancing intranet content. Work as a liaison with project Directors, Managers and other members to ensure seamless communication and contribute to project success.
Section A – General Responsibilities
- Support procurement team activities and continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates closely will all procurement teams and key stakeholders to deliver projects. Key stakeholders may include external suppliers, distribution center resources
- Documents different processes relating to supply chain and inventory management.
- Implicates and shares information with key stakeholders to minimize risk on supply chain.
- Helps develop Key Performance Indicators and Dashboards.
- For a large scale planning and forecasting system implementation: Work in collaboration with the project team to develop communication content intended for various communication channels; Schedule all project related events, such as workshops, special events and training sessions; Coordinate and communicate all logistical details regarding training sessions.
- Contribute creatively to enhance the content and appearance and use of the Procurement intranet.
- Respond to requests for information and assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- Support management team where required to absorb specific tasks to cover the summer vacation period.
Section B – Position Requirements
- Currently completing a college or University degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, or any supply chain equivalent.
- Knowledge of logistics, supply chain operations, procurement and demand planning.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills, detailed oriented, problem solving, diligent in delivering high quality deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a face-paced environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (bilingualism is essential).
- Demonstrate ability to do problem solving and analytics.
- Demonstrate ability to work on technical projects with shifting scope and schedules.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-functional team.
- Extensive knowledge of office software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
: McKesson Canada
: Apr 4, 2018
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05