OverviewMcKesson Manager Credit & Financial Services-12 month contract Temporary in Saint-Laurent, QC
Branch Saint-Laurent QC CA
Manager Credit & Financial Services-12 month contract
Change management, business acumen, written and oral communication, negotiation/conflict management and leadership….
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Reporting to the Vice President Finance, Corporate Credit and Financial Services, the Senior Manager will be in charge of managing, executing, planning and coordinating activities related to credit, financial services and collection for his or her region, while working in close collaboration with the regional management team.
- Prepare credit files, including obtaining and analyzing relevant information, such as financial statements, personal and business credit reports, bank reports and securities. Recommend and approve credit limits according to internal policy (credit limits up to $500K).
- Conduct annual credit reviews in accordance with the credit policy and monitor the financial performance of higher-risk clients.
- Establish and apply a collection strategy for overdue accounts, including the use of external resources (collection agencies, lawyers, receivers, etc.) to ensure maximum recovery for his or her region. Recommend and approve the writing-off of accounts in accordance with the delegation of authority.
- Ensure compliance with the credit policy, the delegation of authority that defines the authorization levels and the controls in place (SOX). Pursuant to the credit policy, ensure existing agreement obligations are met.
- Oversee the specific terms of the banner agreements, including financing opening orders and implementing appropriate financial arrangements (loans).
- Obtain the necessary security interests on behalf of McKesson and the banners involved (mortgages, title retentions, PMSI, GSA, personal and corporate guarantees) when opening accounts and signing affiliation agreements in accordance with the laws in effect in the different provinces.
- Ensure the registration and renewal of the publication of security interests with the appropriate provincial registries to maintain their opposability to third parties.
- Negotiate and manage, with financial institutions and their lawyers, agreements related to the priority of security interests, subordination agreements, inter-creditor agreements and buyback agreements, all in accordance with the different agreements with the banners.
- Coordinate all the steps to ensure payment of the amounts due to McKesson and the banners during the sale of drug stores, depending on whether it is a sale of shares or assets (discussions with the notaries, sellers and buyers leading to the cancellation of security interests).
- Oversee the handling of contentious cases with lawyers, receivers and bankers. Ensure corporate objectives are achieved (DSO, bad debts, outstanding accounts, etc.) for his or her region.
- Lead a team of unionized and non-unionized employees (approximately 8 people), including setting objectives, training and developing employees, planning activities and evaluating performance. Assess, recommend and support changes to organizational structures.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, various regional departments (Customer Service, Operations, Sales), head office employees, banks and lawyers. Represent the Credit and Financial Services within the regional management team.
- Supervise and improve the existing collection process, including pre-authorized payments, electronic funds transfers, credit cards and cheques.
- Assist with national account requests related to his or her region to ensure compliance with the terms of payment (reconciliation, invoices, proofs of delivery, etc.).
- Provide periodic reports regarding credit and collection activities.
- Establish a provision for the region’s bad debts.
- Draw up and adhere to a departmental budget.
A bachelor’s degree with honours in business administration, finance or accounting
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
Excellent knowledge of credit and securities requirements
Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
A professional accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CMA, CPA CGA, CFA), a professional designation in credit (CCP) or equivalent experience
Familiar with the SAP operating system
Knowledge in business law is an asset
Outstanding analytical skills – able to develop recommendations
Demonstrated advanced ability in the following skills: change management, business acumen, written and oral communication, negotiation/conflict management and leadership
Proven ability to manage client relationships with regard to credit
Experience in the retail pharmacy and healthcare industries is an asset
IT skills – Microsoft Office and the Internet
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file. McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23