OverviewMcKesson Deskside Support Specialist Full Time in Oakville, ON
Branch Oakville ON CA
Deskside Support Specialist
Excellent technical skills with hardware support and IT troubleshooting. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a support role in delivering IT services….
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Job Summary The Deskside Support Analyst is responsible to ensure that day-to-day incidents and requests assigned to the team are handled and resolved. Responsibilities include 2nd level troubleshooting of workstation issues, configuring and deploying systems, maintenance and repair of printers and IT assets. The Deskside Support Analyst is accountable for undertaking customer incidents and requests in a timely manner, resolving tickets assigned to the Deskside queue, handling new user requests, end of lease replacements and maintaining the IT system assets.
The Analyst is also accountable for meeting customer service requirements, following processes and standard procedures to meet established Service Level Agreements. The Deskside Analyst may also contribute in certain IT projects for his expertise of the specificities of the different business units.
Section A – Specific Responsibilities
- Analyze and resolve 2nd level Desktop issues that have not been resolved by the 1st level Service Desk.
- Configure and deploy systems for new users, end of lease replacements as well as handle PC asset move requests.
- Configure, install non-standard IT Assets or software.
- Responsible for maintenance, configuration and printer and copier support, as well as Audio visual equipment.
- Responsible for the timely repair of workstations.
- Responsible for receiving, stocking and updating IT assets into the asset management system as well as maintaining a safe and organized storage and staging room.
- Responsible for patching network devices as required and maintaining appropriate inventory and controls.
Section B – General Responsibilities
- Meet service level expectations, respond to incidents and service requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain a high level of availability for urgent issues during regular business hours.
- Adhere to established policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and practices.
- Contribute on projects as required.
- Maintain and develop knowledgebase articles and standard operational procedures as needed.
Section C – Position Requirements
- Responsible, autonomous, accountable and able to work independently on most aspects of their role.
- Team player, good time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in crisis situations, in multi-tasking mode and efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent technical skills with hardware support and IT troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, feedback, delegation, foster collaboration and teamwork).
- Excellent written skills required to create clear and concise documentation and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a support role in delivering IT services.
- Computer Systems or Information Technology Degree/Diploma.
- Knowledge of Remedy or similar incident/request management tools.
- Knowledge of TrackIT or similar asset management tools.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Bilingualism is mandatory.
- A+ certification.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Oakville
Job : Data Management
Organization : McKesson Canada
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 8, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10