OverviewMckesson Analyst, Promotions – 6 month contract Temporary in Saint-Laurent, QC
Branch Saint-Laurent QC CA
Analyst, Promotions – 6 month contract
Extensive knowledge of MS Office products (Power Point, Excel, Word, Project and Visio). But we can’t do it without you….
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Contract position 6 months with possibility of permanence
Reporting to the Supervisor, Promotions, the Specialist, Promotions collaborates with customers and the Manager, Demand Planning to plan inventories required for scheduled events activities. The incumbent works closely with the Manager, Promotions, Account Management and customers to determine the appropriate forecast volume related to a banner promotion, customer activity and events. Responsibilities include preparing relevant information for customers on item discrepancies and discontinued items, along with potential price issues related to promotional activity. The Specialist, Promotions works with the Procurement Operations team and the Supervisor, Promotions to address inventory responsibility issues arising from under-performing or over-performing promotions, based on collaborative planning with customers and vendors.
- Exchanges information with the Buyer-Planner and Procurement Strategy teams as well as the vendors on new product launches and product phase outs to select comparable product proxy for increased forecast accuracy.
- In collaboration with Account Management, customers and vendors, develops joint business plans including promotions to achieve the alignment on single forecast number (SKU and aggregate).
- Prepares assumption-based projections to help management team understand forecast rationale for vendor and customer negotiations.
- Provides Distribution Center (DC) Operations with projections on DC capacity risks at aggregate levels, supporting on-time deployment of promotional inventory.
Event and Promotions Management
- Creates promotional schedule and manages events that impact forecasts.
- Monitors promotional inventory deployment with Account Management and customers, and support pre-promotion, promotion and post-promotion activities (including exit strategies) to address stock-outs, excesses and store exceptions.
- Catalogs past promotions to track their impact and maintain visibility to baseline forecast versus promotional lift.
- Validates and accepts prices changes and updates impacting promotions, including collaboration with Finance on bill-back.
- Analyzes historical data and define key assumptions to generate statistical baseline forecast for all SKUs, categories, customers and location hierarchy levels.
- Captures sales forecast and planned promotional lifts, and identify market trends to adjust demand based on SKU selection and pricing, incorporating distinct promotional demand.
- Generates a consensus based event plan achieved through a structured process across functions (Account Management, Finance, Procurement Strategy, etc.).
- Revises key assumptions and adjust demand plans based on past promotions and events, progressive quantitative analysis and inputs from vendor and customer collaboration.
- Maintains relevant business knowledge of product categories and stays abreast of market and industry trends and conditions.
- Acts as a McKesson ambassador of corporate values.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Retail/Wholesale/Life Sciences experience an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistical Analysis, Engineering or Business Administration.
- High level of integrity, showing ability to challenge opinions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
- Excellent partnering skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of management and employees.
- Perfectly bilingual, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency with ERP systems and replenishment systems an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office products (Power Point, Excel, Word, Project and Visio).
- Knowledge of forecasting processes, forecasting systems and statistical analysis.
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Solid experience working with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a cross-functional team environment.
- Attention to detail, whilst maintaining a strong sense of summary and ability to synthesize.
- Team player.
- Ability to identify operational and strategic issues and proactively drive solutions.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file. McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30