OverviewMcGill University IT Project Control Officer Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
IT Project Control Officer
Minimum Education & Experience:. Develop, manage and maintain Dashboards (Monthly delivery objectives, Issues log, Risks logs, Change Request Logs, Budget vs…
Reporting to the IT PMO Director, the Project Control Officer (PCO) will contribute to manage and control the project management planning, financial tracking and administrative aspects of projects or programs within IT Services. The incumbent will facilitate the tracking of several projects plan simultaneously, as well as monitor expenditures. This includes ensuring that all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and maintaining ongoing cost to help complete the forecast in accordance with the methodology put in place by the IT PMO and the ITS standards.
- Establish, maintain and support the Work Breakdown Structures, Project Plans and Master Program Plan for projects or programs in collaboration with the Project and Program Managers.
- Adapt current tools or develop new tools required to support the projects and programs in regards to planning, finance (budget, actuals, forecast, etc.), risks, issues, etc.
- Develop, manage and maintain Dashboards (Monthly delivery objectives, Issues log, Risks logs, Change Request Logs, Budget vs Forecast)
- Seek direction and decisions, in a timely manner, from the IT PMO Director, Project Managers or Program Managers on any issues that impedes the completion of the deliverables within the project schedule and budget.
- Develop, manage and maintain registry of deliverable acceptance records.
- Manage the financial aspects of projects or programs (including timesheets management).
- Identify and communicate deviation risks and issues for the projects or programs.
- Support Project and Program Managers to develop the project planning and timeline, identifying potential conflict schedule and dependencies with other projects. Produce projects and program progress reports.
- Prepare and participate in project meetings, produce meeting minutes and follow up with the relevant individuals for action items or issues;
- Responsible for Onboarding/Off boarding of team members (introduction to procedures, provide access to documentation repository, logistics).
Minimum Education & Experience:
Five (5) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Mastery of PMBOK principles or other recognized project management methodologies. Must have strong knowledge of financial/budgeting concepts (baseline, forecast, commitments, earn value, etc.). Must have worked on large program project planning with MS Project (multiple plans (4 – 5 plans) integrated into a global plan). Ability to work on a team, responsible, quality oriented and able to meet deadlines, aptitude for clear and concise thinking, flexible and able to adapt to change, and must be proactive and disciplined. Fluent in English and French with good communication skills both in writing and speaking. PMP or CAPM (Certified Associate Project Manager) would be a strong asset. Mastery of MS Project and Excel (pivot tables, lookup, basic scripting). Knowledge of EPM with resource leveling with a central resource database. Fully proficient in PowerPoint. Knowledge of Team Dynamix PPM tool would be an asset. Knowledge of Macroscope Suite Management would be an asset.
Director, Project Management Office
(Grade 08) $73,000 – $97,400 (midpoint) – $126,700
Project Management Office
Hours Per Week:
How To Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity [dot] its [at] mcgill [dot] ca
Internal McGill applicants, covered by the McGill non-unionized, non-academic personnel policies and procedures, must apply to this posting within ten (10) working days of the date of publication.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11