OverviewMcGill University Human Resources Administrator Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Human Resources Administrator
Minimum Education & Experience:. The Faculty of Medicine is embarking on an innovative administrative initiative that will realign its Financial and Human…
The Faculty of Medicine is embarking on an innovative administrative initiative that will realign its Financial and Human Resources (HR) into Administrative Excellence Centres (AEC). The key mission of the AEC is to raise the bar of excellence in how our clients (academic and administrative) are supported in the fields of human resources, finance and general management. Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Administration, the new model will be comprised of Financial and HR specialists who will be responsible for the planning and implementation of related policies and procedures for its departments. The HR Administrator will assist the HR Advisor for all operational activities related to HR, from recruitment to retirement. Provide support to the administrative team for the effective HR management for academic and support employees within the assigned group of departments.
- Act as resource person to employees, managers and supervisors, with respect to a variety of Human Resources policies and procedures, the application of collective agreements and academic policies and procedures.
- Complete a variety of electronic forms and documentation pertaining to human resources functions (e.g. staffing, compensation, benefits, payroll, performance dialogue, and labour relations issues, etc).
- C omplete and/or verify a variety of forms pertaining to academic human resources activities including tenure and promotions, leaves, terminations, retirement, salary awards, contracts and awards and appointment forms.
- Administer recruitment activities including preparing job postings, newspaper ads. May use various electronic recruitment boards for posting positions.
- Set up files for CV’s and applications. Conduct preliminary interviews and refer top candidates to areas. Administer appropriate standardized tests to candidates.
- Conduct exit interviews. Investigate reasons for employee turnover and recommend action to rectify the situation.
- Maintain database on probationary and trial period dates and other information.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Demonstrated experience dealing with human resources (including academic human resources) related issues in the following domains: academic recruitment, academic promotions and tenure, academic authorized leaves, employee and labour relations, compensation, organizational development, benefits administration, recruitment and selection. Demonstrated experience working with the Administrative and Support collective agreement and University policies and procedures including academic policies and procedures. Proven experience working within an educational, medical and research environment. Ability to maintain composure under pressure and ability to meet deadlines. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in both English and French. Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment using word-processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software, Banner (HRIS). CRHA designation is an asset.
Sr Project Dir Finance & Admin
(Grade 03) $44,000 – $55,100 (midpoint) $66,200
Faculty of Medicine, Medicine
Hours Per Week:
This position is totally supported by soft funds.
How To Apply:
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now . Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
Internal McGill applicants, covered by the McGill non-unionized, non-academic personnel policies and procedures, must apply to this posting within ten (10) working days of the date of publication.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification.
Updated on Fri, 2015-03-20 11:04
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21