OverviewMcGill University Administrative and Student Affairs Coordinator Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Administrative and Student Affairs Coordinator
Education & Experience:. Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative and secretarial support for administrative and student affairs…
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative and secretarial support for administrative and student affairs activities. Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit’s operations. Responsible for documents and files of unit. Acts as resource person for policies and procedures. Coordinates activities related to admission, examinations, registration and graduation. Advises students and resolves problems in relation to their files. Edits documents for grammar and accuracy. Administers unit accounts.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as resource person regarding academic and administrative policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate internal and external resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Collects and presents factual information relating to area of responsibility, and recommends procedural changes to improve the effective functioning of the unit. Collaborates with supervisor and other staff in establishing work priorities. Follows-up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Receives and provides detailed information and explanations to students. Controls enrolment in courses. Participates in the organization of admissions and registration. Prepares, examines and verifies admissions and registration files related to courses and programs. Completes and approves forms concerning course or program changes, interdepartmental or interuniversity registration, and residency and internship programs.
- Coordinates application process for awards, scholarships, and fellowships. Distributes application forms and provides information on procedures and deadlines. Verifies that student files are complete and, as required, ensures necessary linkage with admission process.
- Coordinates administrative processes relating to doctoral comprehensive and oral defense examinations and the submission of theses and
- Identifies and verifies files of graduating students. Prepares forms requesting diplomas and lists of graduating students. Prepares documents for convocation, attends and assists with this event.
Education & Experience:
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Demonstrated experience working with students by receiving and providing detailed information and explanations to them. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Attention to detail as it pertains to preparing, examining, and verifying admissions and registration session files. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, especially with respect to course enrolment, timetabling, admissions, and registration. Must be customer-focused and service-oriented. Demonstrated ability to clearly transmit and receive information. Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment using word-processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software. Proven experience with WebCT, web design and Dreamweaver. Demonstrated ability to use Banner, Minerva and POPS. English and French, spoken and written.
Student Affairs Administrator
$21.51 – $29.68
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Physical and Occupational Therapy
Hours Per Week:
How To Apply:
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now . Click on “APPLY NOW”.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN EIGHT (8) WORKING DAYS OF THE DATE OF PUBLICATION.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification.
Updated on Fri, 2015-03-20 11:04
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21