OverviewMattamy Homes Design Studio Merchandiser Full Time in Milton, ON
Branch Milton ON CA
Design Studio Merchandiser
Work in consultation with the Design Studio Management team to plan, design and maintain Design Studio Showrooms….
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Design Studio Merchandiser is responsible for the effective implementation of visual presentation strategies and standards to maximize Design Studio sales productivity. The primary objectives of the role are to work with the Design Studio Management team to maximize sales, ensure that our Design Studio makes a great first impression every day, and is consistently influenced by current trends in home décor and construction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partners with the Design Studio Management team to ensure that the operational objectives of the Design Studio are being achieved and exceeded
- Executes floor plans and implements visual merchandise presentation strategies to positively impact Design Studio sales
- Work in consultation with the Design Studio Management team to plan, design and maintain Design Studio Showrooms.
- In regard to renovations or new builds, provide and update the project schedule-identify when each task will be performed, track project on a regular basis.
- Inspect all drawings before approval (working drawings, display vignettes, showroom details and furniture layouts)
- Create AutoCAD drawings, concept sketches and drawings for trades as required
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure product availability enabling the offering of leading edge products within the building industry.
- Enhance the customer experience through research and analysis of trends for potential improvements to our customer experience such as online catalogues, interactive shopping/selection tools, customer portal etc. and social media comparatives.
- Setup and maintain displays in Sales Centres that pertain to Design Studio offerings.
- Support Design Consultants on daily basis, attentive to their concerns and product update requests.
- Ensure reselect options are obtained from suppliers; provide information and assist Design Consultants in the process.
- Support Contracts department in product development creating and implementing new ideas and options for homeowners.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Design Studio team and lead product knowledge sessions and sales strategies.
- Responsible for ordering, labelling and placement of samples. Updating samples as required.
- Document, update and maintain the Design Studio product selection.
- Ensures Design Studio is tidy and organized
- Special projects working in consultation with sales and marketing, architecture, construction and external consultants on model home projects
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- University Degree/College diploma, in the field of Interior Design
- 3 years of retail experience
- Experience in store design and merchandising
- Basic understanding of residential construction and scheduling
Skills and Attributes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and AutoCAD, MS Project Manager
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Work within project budgets and timelines
- Excellent communication skills , problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working in a team oriented , collaborative environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines
- Ability to be self-directed and work with little supervision
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Milton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31