OverviewMatrox System Administrator and Programmer Full Time in Dorval, QC
Branch Dorval QC CA
System Administrator and Programmer
Previous experience with ERP systems, such as Dynamics GP.. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems Management or a related field….
An industry leader in today’s most state-of-the-art technologies, Matrox designs software and hardware solutions in the fields of Graphics, Video editing and Image processing. With over 700 employees worldwide, Matrox has more than 30 years of experience building award-winning products and solutions designed to meet our clients’ diverse needs in the high-technology industry. Our dynamic culture is defined by our insatiable willingness to continue to prosper and initiate innovation.
At Matrox, people are the key to its success. If you wish to work for an innovative organization where you will have the opportunity to develop your full potential, share new ideas and apply your creativity to help meet tomorrow’s challenges, join our team!
- As a system administrator, the incumbent will ensure the smooth operation of the database and application servers. In addition, he will participate in the development and support of technical solutions for various business units of the company.
- Participate in the installation and documentation of database servers, as well as day to day administration and operations support;
- Assist and support developers in the design, development and deployment of databases and their components;
- Ensure compliance with procedures and best practices for data security;
- Administer application and collaboration servers, including security of the systems and their updates;
- Deploy new applications and application updates;
- Accomplish the necessary programming to deliver or modify applications, build data integrations and provide utilities to other developers.
- Work closely with other IT members, as well as other involved services;
- Participate in solving application problems on production environments.
Qualifications Qualifications :
- Technical expertise:
- Experience with SQL language, SSMS and MS SQL Server. –
- Capable of optimizing application parameters on development and production environments (e.g. IIS, Tomcat).
- Familiar with UML notation..
- Previous experience with ERP systems, such as Dynamics GP..
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and team spirit.
- Excellent ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French. Functional knowledge of spoken and written English.
General criteria: Essential: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems Management or a related field.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dorval, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-04-25