OverviewMarymound Matheson P PT, 40 hrs bi-weekly Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Matheson P PT, 40 hrs bi-weekly
Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, a clear Child Abuse Registry Check and acceptable Prior Contact checks….
YOUTH CARE PRACTITIONER
Competition # YCP 17-07 February 9, 2017
Matheson Permanent Part-time, 40 hours bi-weekly, Days, Evenings
This position is responsible for supervision and safety of residents in the group home, accomplished through daily interaction, care and
supervision. This position reports directly to the Program Coordinator.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Participating in the planning, assessing and implementation of treatment strategies.
• Carrying out day to day tasks and routines.
• Intervening with clients in times of emergency or crisis situations.
• To receive and interact with the families of our residents (and others) in a warm, welcoming, accepting, respectful
• To guide and structure the child’s environment by participating in the planning, assessing and implementation of
treatment strategies with the goal of meeting each child’s physical, emotional, social, spiritual, cultural, and
intellectual needs as directed by the Unit.
• To observe, evaluate, and record daily events in order to ensure continuity and consistency in treatment planning
• To maintain professional objectivity and self discipline so that each child’s needs remain the primary focus in the
• To participate fully and constructively in the staffing schedule, staff meetings and in-service training.
• To acquire knowledge of youth care practices and to be open to changing trends. (Reading, workshops, in-services,
Child and Youth Care Workers Association of Manitoba, etc.)
• Certificate or diploma in Child & Youth Care (other combinations of education and experience may be considered)
• Two years experience working with at risk youth.
• Knowledge of Crisis Intervention Theory and Skills.
• Knowledge in the area of Mental Health.
• Ability to actively contribute to and work effectively as part of a team.
• Strong counseling skills and experience in behavior management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver abstract.
• Emergency First Aid.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, a clear Child Abuse Registry Check and acceptable Prior Contact checks.
• ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), NCVI, Mental Health First Aid, Safe Talk preferred.
• Knowledge of Resilience preferred
• Knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions, and beliefs will be considered an asset.
Deadline for applications: By 4:00pm, February 23, 2017.
Full-Time /Part-time F1 Scale $14.46 – $20.29
Internal Applicants: Submit ‘Internal Application Form’ with cover letter and current resume
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 (80 hours bi-weekly) combined across
Marymound. Consider this prior to applying for positions, as employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that
will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
External applicants: Submit letter and résumé quoting bulletin # to:
Competition # YCP17-07
442 Scotia Street
Winnipeg, MB R2V 1X4
Or e-mail: [email protected] or online at www.marymound.com
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment opportunities are advertised on our website at www.marymound.com
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11