OverviewMark’s Interim Store General Manager- 1 yr contract Store Temporary in Quebec City, QC
Branch Quebec City QC CA
Interim Store General Manager- 1 yr contract Store
Quebec City, QC
Maintain Mark’s performance management expectations through feedback and coaching; Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team;…
At Mark’s you’ll find a successful, innovative, and growing company that values people and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees and empower them with the tools and knowledge to perform their jobs in a positive environment.
The Store General Manager is the business leader and is responsible for executing the 5 Success Factors by providing leadership and mentorship ensuring operational excellence, optimizing staff performance, ensuring customer satisfaction, maximizing sales through all business levers, (including Imagewear), and delivering bottom line performance. This is accomplished through excelling at delivery of Mark’s customer service expectations, maximizing sales, expense / cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets.
The Store General Manager (SGM) drives the continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and is a steward of the Mark’s brand and core culture.
- Provides leadership to team and consistently coaches and follows up to ensure that delivery on service standards are provided to each customer.
- Manages and supports Imagewear to maximize top line sales
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to Associates using one-on-one coaching, Shift Starter Meetings, and formal performance evaluation programs.
- Meets established customer service expectations.
- Demonstrates and follows up on execution of Mark’s visual standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
- Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes and department signage, using the Workbook.
- Leads creation and execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal Visual Guide.
- Responsible to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of Corporate Asset Protection Program,(AP and audit standards) and rigid inventory control.
- Oversees preparation for annual inventories.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all OH&S policies and procedures.
- Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for all associates
- Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support, including weekly manager meetings
- Consistently schedule and execute proper on-boarding of new hires using the New Hire Handbook
- Follow up to ensure execution of Blueprint for all departments and store
- Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team; support and coach to improve any performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective Shift Starter Meetings / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information.
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required training within timeframes.
- Facilitate and lead team meetings.
- Ensure execution of the Mark’s customer service behaviours and empowers resolution for all customer concerns.
- Develops and leads recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintaining a complete team
- Create succession plans through continuous training and development
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store challenges, customer compliments, etc.
- Maintain Mark’s performance management expectations through feedback and coaching; this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
- Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment.
- Continually evaluates team and builds a succession plan for key positions and talent; establishes self as a role model by continually learning and adopting new policy, practices and skills
- Provides mentorship to teams and influences continuous growth.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily game plan for the department and store
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- 3-5 years retail experience managing (big box) required
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
- Physical qualifications include the ability to work long hours standing/walking, lifting up to 40lbs, reaching above shoulder height and stooping/bending/crouching
- This job requires the ability to work flexible hours which includes regular evening and weekend shifts.
Mark’s offers a welcoming and respectful culture, and a commitment to your training and development. Our employees benefit from flexible work hours, a positive work environment, product discounts and more.
Full-time employees work 37.5 hours and receive benefits.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Québec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24