OverviewMaplesoft Group Accounting Technician Temporary in Gatineau, QC
Branch Gatineau QC CA
Identify and analyze business and user needs while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment;…
Maplesoft Group is currently seeking an Accounting Technician to join one of our clients located in Gatineau
– Ensure readiness of the consolidation system, IBM Cognos Controller. E.g. maintain company/account structure, update foreign exchange rates, validation of data to the source ERP system (IFS), etc.
– Analyze the consolidated results including all reconciliation rules, follow up on each regional platform’s progress and provide solutions for issues raised/problems faced by users during the close process;
– Assist in the global consolidation of results on a monthly basis through preparation of supporting schedules and analysis;
– Act as a liaison between the various IBM Cognos Controller user groups (Corporate consolidations, Regional platform consolidations/accounting and Corporate IT) to ensure system issues, enhancements and upgrades are well understood by all, and implications have been addressed;
– Identify and analyze business and user needs while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment;
– Facilitate sessions, interviews and analysis to identify areas for process and system improvements;
– Ensure all consolidation system related process documentation is maintained up-to date;
– Ensure knowledge transfer to users by providing training sessions and updated documentation;
– Support the Senior Manager in ensuring a SOx compliant financial statement close process;
– Participate in the annual budgeting process assisting ensuring the same consistency of data is prepared and presented;
– Provide support to the Senior Manager and Director on various related activities.
– Ability to “think outside the box”, to work in a dynamic, complex, fast paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities;
– Solid analytical abilities, combined with being detail oriented;
– Highly skilled at analyzing and solving system related problems/issues; must enjoy working with systems and software;
– Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain relationships across different teams in different geographical locations;
– Strong communication skills (oral and written). English is essential, French is considered an asset;
– Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting);
– Strong communication skills (oral and written), English is essential, bilingualism is considered an assetStrong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel;
– Experience with consolidation financial systems a must (IBM Cognos Controller, Hyperion Financial Management). Experience with IBM Cognos Controller considered a strong asset;
– Accounting designations in progress or completed would be considered an asset.
– Demonstrated knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) experience an asset;
– Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of progressive work experience.
Maplesoft Group prides itself on its distinct corporate culture and recognizes that success is a direct reflection of our most valuable asset – our people. Therefore, attitude and ambition are key personality traits we seek out, along with skill and aptitude, in potential employees.
We thank you for your interest in Maplesoft Group and wish to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Gatineau, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-07