Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-03-15
Maple Lodge Farms Ltd. Quality Assurance Technician Full Time in Brampton, ON
Maple Lodge Farms Ltd.
Branch Brampton ON CA
Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician. Quality assurance and/or research and development experience in food.:. Recommends solutions to obtain the best quality products….
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician
SHIFT: 5:00Ppm to 1:30am
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Verifies that manufactured product is compliant to the customer and Company’s specification; decides about their approval or rejection before they go into the storage areas.
- Holds suspect in process and finished products and assists in the final dispositions.
- Ensures corrective actions are taken in order to get the product to Company’s and customer required specification by following up with appropriate parties on deviations and corrective actions.
- Checks and tests raw materials, formulas and technological processes to ensure they meet the customer and Company’s standards.
- Monitors the assigned area (department) to ensure that employees are compliant to Company’s Good Manufacturing Practices and records the results as well as corrective actions, if deviations occur.
- Monitors and records all tasks/checks assigned and complete the relevant documents/records in a timely manner (as soon as possible to the real time).
- Obtains product, ingredient, packaging material etc. samples for microbiological analysis according with the schedule when required.
- Keeps all related documents/records comprehensive, up to date to ensure accuracy and compliance to the company policies and procedures.
- Provides daily information to the Q.A. Supervisor about the results and progress in the area where assigned in the plant.
- Recommends solutions to obtain the best quality products.
- Other duties as assigned (the above tasks are representative, but not all inclusive)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of three (3) years of quality assurance and/or research and development experience in food industry, preferably meat and in a unionized environment.
- Working knowledge of GMPs and HACCP.
- Working knowledge of OHSA, WHMIS, etc.
- Self–starter, well organized, detail oriented and team player.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent learning abilities, hands-on technical orientation, highly motivated.
- Have ability to multi-task in a very fast paced production environment.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem identification and solving capabilities.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.).
Maple Lodge Farms Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality assurance and/or research and development experience in food.: 3 years