OverviewMaple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Manager, Live Events Full Time in Toronto, ON
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
Branch Toronto ON CA
Manager, Live Events
Lead a dynamic team of event professionals. Act as Project Manager on assigned events, liaising with internal departments and outside service providers as…
Overview As a vital member of our Live Entertainment team, you will play a lead role in the ideation, planning and execution of major events. In this leadership role you will manage relationships with many different stakeholders, ensuring we are successfully executing events with the highest degree of excellence. You are a results oriented individual who will thrive in a fast paced exciting and innovative environment. Your leadership, passion and commitment to quality will help us realize our vision of “Bringing the World to its feet”.
The Manager of Live Events will be responsible for a large and diverse portfolio of events across Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. The successful candidate possesses a combination of excellent leadership skills, project management expertise, and high level of attention to detail and brings proven experience in delivering world class events.
- Act as Project Manager on assigned events, liaising with internal departments and outside service providers as primary contact with the key stakeholders for the event
- Develop and manage budgets for events, ensuring target revenues are met and all contract terms are adhered to.
- Review / analyze / anticipate client needs throughout assigned event from the planning process through to execution.
- Act as a lead on bid projects for future upcoming events
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the City of Toronto and other external stakeholders to assist in the smooth execution of all large scale events.
- Manage occupancy of facilities from move-in to move-out to ensure compliance with agreements and other terms and conditions governing the building occupation.
- Prepare, assemble and review necessary event documents such as floor plans, building permits, rules and regulations, etc.
- Liaise with clients/ tenants to ensure compliance of the fire and safety codes and building regulations
- Prepare post show/event analysis for future planning purposes
- Lead a dynamic team of event professionals
- Develop & maintain internal and external professional & industry relationships
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of department policies and procedures
- Provide assistance to other areas as requested
- 10+ years of experience in executing events preferably dealing with large-scale, ticketed, live entertainment events
- Degree or Post-graduate Certificate in Event Management, Live Concert or Theatre Production, or in another discipline pertinent to the job function, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional project management skills and detail orientation with proven ability to manage competing projects and prioritize accordingly
- Experience managing a large team of people, with the ability to inspire, develop, train, coach and mentor.
- Proficient in standard suite of Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook). Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; effective at managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Proven customer service skills with ability to retain major clients
- Ability to provide leadership while working in a team environment
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and/or holidays, as may be required from time to time.
- Experience using Auto CAD LT an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23