OverviewMaple Leaf Foods Project Engineer Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Maple Leaf Foods
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Provide engineering support for the operations group. Manage and develop the capital plans of the Plant Manager, Production, Maintenance Managers, Engineering…
PROJECT ENGINEER- WINNIPEG, MB Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading Canadian consumer protein company, making high quality, innovative products under national brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. The Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to global markets including the U.S. and Asia. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position requires an individual with extensive experience in project management with the ability to multi-task in order to complete medium to large sized projects simultaneously.
- Develop and manage (Capital) project plans, operations, budgets and schedules (annual and multi-year) and prepares CER’s (Capital Expenditure Requests)
- Provide engineering support for the operations group
- Assist senior management in developing and justifying capital expenditure requests
- Investigate practical, cost-effective and innovative plant improvement solutions
- Utilize and incorporate Six Sigma and other project management tools, methodology and principles
- Negotiate contracts and supervise equipment vendors, service providers and contractors
- Actively participate in company initiatives; e.g. Innovation, Share groups, MyMLF, Energy Efficiency
- Manage and develop the capital plans of the Plant Manager, Production, Maintenance Managers, Engineering and all other functions to achieve low cost producer status.
- Supervise contractors when on site.
- Create project budget based on agreed scope.
- Form and manage project schedules.
- Utilize project management tools
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years experience as an engineer or Mechanical/Electrical Technologist, or 10 plus years of equivalent project experience.
- Proven track record of handling multiple medium to large sized projects.
- Team player with effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning abilities combined with practical business sense.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Project Management software).
- Working knowledge of industry codes and regulations e.g. OH&S, WHMIS, HACCP.
- Knowledge and experience with Food industry would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-08