OverviewMaple Leaf Foods Production Supervisor Full Time in Wetaskiwin, AB
Maple Leaf Foods
Branch Wetaskiwin AB CA
Contribute actively with project ideas and project planning and implementation to the overall achievement of the process business plan….
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
POSITION SUMMARY: Day to day planning and control of production activities including yields, equipment, sanitation, staffing, supplies, schedules and machine start-up by effectively utilizing resources to achieve production demands and customer service levels while adhering to quality, safety and legislative guidelines.
- Health & Safety/Food Safety/HACCP: Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures. Maintain quality and legislative requirements by adhering to, correctly and completely documenting and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and all requirements within the framework of the HACCP Food Safety Program.
- Operational Continuous Improvement: Measure performance and achieve continuous improvement in processes to implement cost reductions while maintaining quality. Strive to continuously improve performance; employee relations, yields, labour results, equipment, sanitation, personal and employee job knowledge, etc. Participate and support in continuous improvement projects. Contribute actively with project ideas and project planning and implementation to the overall achievement of the process business plan.
- Planning/Prioritizing: Plan, direct, engage and understand daily production requirements while anticipating and troubleshooting production problems. Complete productin plan by scheduling and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules and resolving problems.
- Employee Relations: Develop, direct, manage, train and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department. Contribute to team work and foster positive employee relations by communicating effectively with peers, employees and managers. Maintain working relationshiop with the plant and employees by following the terms of the Employee Handbook and other company policies.
- Responsible for the administration of attendance program, vacation schedules, time card approval and organization of department meetings. Accurately review daily reports and make necessary adjustments. Assist in the preparation and execution of business plans and yearly budgets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post secondary diploma and/or degree (eg. Management studies, business, agricultural)
- CPR and First Aid Certified, Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Two years of supervisory work experience
- Well established organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Self starter with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Wetaskiwin, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18