OverviewMaple Leaf Foods Manager, Taxes (Contract) Contract in Mississauga, ON
Maple Leaf Foods
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Manager, Taxes (Contract)
Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position….
MANAGER, TAXES (CONTRACT)
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Vice President, Taxation, the Manager Taxes will work closely with other members of the Tax Group, MLF’s Finance team on matters relating to Income Tax Reporting and Compliance. The successful candidate will also support the Tax Group with income tax accounting, tax controversy, tax planning, and ad hoc projects. The successful candidate will also be accountable for managing the collection of project information and summarizing that information for review by the Tax Group for the scoping and preparation of ITC claims.
- Lead on quarterly and annual Income Tax Reporting processes;
- Review of Canadian income tax returns and supporting analyses (prepared by Tax Analyst);
- Management and resolution of Canadian Income Tax Audits;
- Analysis of estimated tax liabilities and instalment requirements;
- Manage ITC claims process;
- Address ad hoc income tax queries, including queries related to employee taxable benefits;
- Ad hoc tax planning projects; and
- Management of Tax Analyst.
- Completion of Quarterly and Annual Tax Provisions in a timely manner and consistent with MLF’s Internal Control procedures;
- Oversee the maintenance of complete electronic records of all relevant Income Tax-related information including working papers & documentation; and
- Support Tax Group with income tax accounting and compliance matters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of income tax reporting and compliance experience in a large public company / public accounting firm;
- Income tax planning experience is an asset;
- Strong accountings skills;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, concisely and to work comfortably with all levels of management;
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks at a given time and to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Strong accounting background – CA designation preferred;
- Advanced PC proficiency (strong MS Excel skills are a must);
- Experience with SAP would be an asset;
- A well organized, self-starter, who pays close attention to detail.
EFFORT/IMPACT ON ORGANIZATION :
- Support the Company’s Tax Group in all matters related to Income Tax Reporting, Compliance and Audits.
- Participation in Income Tax Planning Matters
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06