OverviewMaple Leaf Foods Manager, Supply Planning Contract in Mississauga, ON
Maple Leaf Foods
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Manager, Supply Planning
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. Participate in cross functional Sales & Operations Planning….
MANAGER, SUPPLY PLANNING (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading Canadian consumer protein company, making high quality, innovative products under national brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. The Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to global markets including the U.S. and Asia. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a leader within the Supply Planning team, Manager, Supply Planning is responsible for the development of manufacturing and inventory deployment plans to meet corporate service level targets while minimizing excess inventory and distress sales through effective inventory management.
- Provide leadership to team with overall responsibility to develop short and long term inventory plans to drive service to our customers at the lowest possible cost
- Identify and implement strategies to reduce overall cost of service
- Manage short term and long term manufacturing capacity
- Effectively deal with long/short inventory situations
- Portfolio management – align inventory strategies to profitability of business, seek cost and complexity reduction through rationalization
- New product development – act as voice of Supply Chain on cross functional launch teams and ensure proper plans are created to support the launch
- Set target and report Supply Chain KPI’s to manage the business
- Participate in cross functional Sales & Operations Planning
- Achievement of targeted customer service, inventory obsolescence, and inventory cost objectives
- Strong partnership with senior commercial and operations leaders developed and maintained
- Project resource requirements are supported and timelines are managed and achieved
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong understanding of the overall supply chain process and its interrelationships with other functional areas
- 5+ years related experience within Supply Chain function
- University degree and/or professional designation in a related field
- Strong leadership, mentoring and delegation skills
- Well developed strategies for keeping team engaged and motivated
- Strong change management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills -proven ability to draw respect from cross functional leaders
- A conceptual thinker with above average analytical reasoning skills
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to develop creative solutions to new supply chain planning challenges
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a fast paced, demanding environment
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11