OverviewMaple Leaf Foods Maintenance Manager-Brandon, Manitoba Full Time in Brandon, MB
Maple Leaf Foods
Branch Brandon MB CA
Maintenance Manager-Brandon, Manitoba
Oversee operational support for the power engineering team. MAINTENANCE MANAGER-BRANDON, MANITOBA….
MAINTENANCE MANAGER-BRANDON, MANITOBA
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maitenance Manager is responsible for for the management, development and efficient operation of the Mainteance department, Powerhouse, Waste Water Treatment Plant, and Engineering department within our largest pork processing facility.
- Ensure efficient operation of equipment and plant services including cost control, safety and product quality.
- Provide leadership support, coach, mentor for plant engineering team
- Apply project management methodology to achieve plant operating improvements and superior facility management.
- Oversee operational support for the power engineering team.
- Develop and manage annual Maintenance and Engineering departmental budgets.
- Analyze current and future opportunities for cost savings.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures, user manuals and training materials.
- Ensure compliance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure compliance with various government regulations and maintain all relevant documentation.
- Provide leadership and vision for future plant expansion, including large Capital projects.
- EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineer (P. Eng preferred), Mechanical Millwright License, or Licensed
Electrician with extensive management experience.
- Must have fifteen (15) years management experience in a trade/ engineering-oriented function.
- Must have ten (10) years experience in a direct supervisory/management role.
- Working knowledge of ammonia plant operations including powerhouse support.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong project management skills in planning, scheduling, assigning, budgeting and managing
- Ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf leadership values
- Working knowledge of the following BPCS and/or SAP programs:
o MRO function
o Plant Maintenance Function (Work Orders, Equipment Tracking, Preventative Maintenance)
- Relocation will be offered for this position
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brandon, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31