OverviewMaple Leaf Foods Account Manager – Foodservice (14 month contract) Contract in Mississauga, ON
Maple Leaf Foods
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Account Manager – Foodservice (14 month contract)
Work with Territory Managers in each region to develop our business in the Education segment. Strong understanding of the non-commercial foodservice industry,…
ACCOUNT MANAGER – FOODSERVICE (14 Month contract)
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Sales team, you position will have the primary responsibility of driving aggressive growth of Maple Leaf Foodservice further processed, fresh pork & poultry businesses in the Healthcare & Hospitality segment within Ontario and the Education segment across the country. The successful individual will succeed by developing and executing strong strategic plans and forging relationships with key decision-makers at regional senior living chains and distributor healthcare divisions within Ontario, as well as contract management healthcare divisions and healthcare buying groups. They will also drive our Education initiative nationally. Competitive conversion and driving end user penetration with the regional sales teams will be an important part of the role.
- Aggressively grow Maple Leaf Foodservice business in the Processed Meats, Fresh Pork & Poultry by creating demand at regional senior living chains, distributors and healthcare buying groups
- Development of a strategic plan to displace our competitors and gain maximum listings of MLCF branded products
- Manage the CCUFSA buying group in Ontario and lead Maple Leaf’s participation in its annual conference
- Execute and drive the 2016 Education strategy
- Perform business reviews with each key account to highlight areas of concern and opportunities
- Manage all customer events including menu planning sessions, business reviews and ideation sessions
- Work closely with Ontario sales team to “pull-through” menu listings at the Healthcare & Hospitality operator level
- Work with Territory Managers in each region to develop our business in the Education segment
- Leverage ThinkFOOD! and other value-added tools to build business
- Communicating and building Maple Leaf’s successful food safety and sustainability platforms
- On-going communication of industry insights and trends to the Director of Healthcare & Hospitality
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong understanding of the non-commercial foodservice industry, the decision-making process within key accounts
- Minimum of 3 year proven track record of sales experience within the foodservice industry
- Registered Dietitian and member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario would be an asset
- Sound understanding of the financial impact programs can have in delivering the overall gross profit plan.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Proven communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop strong relationships with key decision makers
- Solid business acumen
- Strong computer skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-10-23