OverviewMaple Leaf Agri-Farms TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR Full Time in Souris, MB
Maple Leaf Agri-Farms
Branch Souris MB CA
Providing strong leadership to trucking team. Responsible for maintaining training documents and records for trucking team….
Maple Leaf Agri-Farms is seeking individuals to join our team. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading Agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Location: Souris, Manitoba
We are seeking a career-minded individual to join our high performing Operations Team as a Transportation Supervisor. The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the operational execution of feed movements from the point of supply to our internal farm operations.
- Ensure safe, timely and accurate delivery of feed to points of delivery.
- Providing strong leadership to trucking team.
- Responsible for equipment service and maintenance.
- Manage operational spend against budget targets including monthly variance reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining training documents and records for trucking team.
- Administer equipment warranty for the whole fleet.
- Manage service inquiries relating to product, shipping and complaints.
- Administering and execution of the Logistics Health & Safety program, responsible for HACCP and Maple Leaf Foods bio-security protocol compliance.
- Recruitment and selection for functional area.
- Provide administrative support where required.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Two years of related experience in fleet operations.
- Proven experience of managing a budget for an operational area.
- Knowledge and application of the Highway Traffic Act/Regulations.
- Mechanical aptitude as it relates to Highway Tractor/Trailers.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel and database management.
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.
- Class 1 Drivers License with Tractor/Trailer experience considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline considered an asset.
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership values.
We offer a competitive compensation structure, including an enhanced benefit package, company pension plan, and provide opportunity for growth and advancement in an engaged environment.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your résumé by August 21, 2015.
How to Apply
Click here to apply by email
(204) 355-4404 (Attention: Riley Keam – Manager, Human Resources )
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Souris, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18