OverviewManpower Database Administrators- Oracle Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Database Administrators- Oracle
Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams. Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required….
Database Administrator – Oracle
Exciting long-term opportunity with a growing company!
Manpower, a global leader in the staffing industry, has over 50 years of experience servicing clients in the Alberta marketplace.
Our client, an international IT service provider, is looking for Database Administrators to join their team. This is a full-time long-term independent contract position located in Calgary.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Implement and maintain database security
* Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
* Perform application tuning and performance monitoring
* Setup and maintain documentation and standards
* Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
* Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required
* Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
* Patch Management and Version Control
* Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
* Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
* Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
Successful candidates require:
* Hands-on experience of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
* Good understanding of Oracle’s physical database design and underlying operating system
* Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
* Knowledge of Oracle backup, recovery scenarios and Oracle security management
* Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
* Database Architecture experience is an asset
If you feel you have what our client is looking for, tell us why you are the right person!
If you have extensive experience with the Oracle database, please apply online and create an account at www.manpowerjobs.com. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] or contact us at 403.269.6936 and ask for our Professional Team.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn about all of the job opportunities Manpower can offer you, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.
10201 Jasper Ave.
AB Edmonton, AB T5J 3N7
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18