OverviewManitoba Liquor & Lotteries Sustainable Development Support Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Sustainable Development Support
Assist with Waste Reduction Program Audits. Programs, assessing the environmental and social impacts associated with purchasing decisions, supporting….
SUMMER STUDENT – FULL TIME TERM Reporting to the Manager, Sustainable Development, the summer student will assist in moving various
sustainable projects forward within the Corporation. These projects include measuring carbon emissions
associated with facility operations, supporting and reporting on waste management and waste reduction
programs, assessing the environmental and social impacts associated with purchasing decisions, supporting
staff participation in sustainable activities etc.
• Support departmental activities to reduce environmental impacts.
• Enter and evaluate data to develop written reports summarizing accumulated date.
• Promote economic, social and environmental value within the Corporation.
• Support corporate water stewardship assessments.
• Assist with Waste Reduction Program Audits.
• Assist with SD communications (internally and external customers).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years completed education in a Post-Secondary Institution with a focus towards Environmental Sciences (or equivalent) with an understanding of Sustainable Development concepts.
• Must be returning to studies the following year.
• Technical/professional knowledge.
• Analytical abilities, teamwork and cooperation, self-determined, independent worker.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Have and maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license.
• Core competencies for this position include technical/professional knowledge, analytical abilities, teamwork and cooperation, communication, self-development and initiative, valuing diversity, integrity
and building trust, achieving quality results. These competencies are deemed important for the success
of the position.
Interested Individuals should apply by submitting a current resume and application to: Email: [email protected] Mail: Human Resources 1555 Buffalo Place Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 1L9 All applications are due by February 16, 2017. We thank all interested applicant, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10