OverviewManitoba Liquor & Lotteries Service Desk Technician Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Service Desk Technician
Knowledge of Windows OS, Office Suite applications and troubleshooting skills. Assist end users with software applications, file accesses and hardware support…
SUMMER STUDENT – FULL TIME TERM Reporting to the Manager, Service Desk, the summer student is responsible for providing technical and non-technical
support to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries end users by following the ITIL’s Incident Management process, ensuring only the smallest impact on the business activity of the organization and the user. The incumbent will act as a single
point of contact for users and users’ issues, receive automatic alarm notifications and respond by procedure, and provide initial triage of service issues and escalate as appropriate.
• Detect, record, classify, match, route, prioritize, resolve and close all incoming IT related support calls, automated system alerts, service requests, and capital project requests within prescribed time limits.
• Own all incidents, including monitoring, tracking and communication of all incidents, problems, and service requests through to completion.
• Assist end users with software applications, file accesses and hardware support as required.
• Research technical and non-technical problems, and resolve in a timely manner.
• Escalate and route Tier II or III support calls to appropriate Information Technology Services staff, based on impact, urgency and prescribed priorities and resolution times.
• Assist with communication of site failures and outages.
• Central point for monitoring and distributing all failures and outages.
• Place asset tags on new IT equipment and record in the Inventory database.
• Perform scheduled inventory spot checks.
• Receive all inventory orders and ship to appropriate sites.
• Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 1 year completed education in a Post-Secondary Institution with a focus towards Information Systems Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology or Computer Science and must be returning the
• Minimum of 1 year completed education in Business Information Technology in College Program.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Knowledge of Windows OS, Office Suite applications and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Have and maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license.
• Core competencies for this position include customer service, teamwork and cooperation, communication, self-development and initiative, valuing diversity, integrity and building trust, achieving quality results,
technical/professional knowledge. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position.
Interested Individuals should apply by submitting a current resume and application to: Email: [email protected] Mail: Human Resources 1555 Buffalo Place Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 1L9 All applications are due by February 16, 2017. We thank all interested applicant, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10