OverviewMANITOBA LIQUOR AND LOTTERIES CORPORATION Junior Coordinator Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
MANITOBA LIQUOR AND LOTTERIES CORPORATION
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
As required, assist the Team Leaders, Community Events at community sponsorship & corporate partnership related initiatives….
Full Time Employment Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Charitable Programs, the Junior Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Volunteer and Charitable Coordinators with the administration, coordination, and implementation of Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries’ Charitable Program and Volunteer Program.
- Provide administrative support to the Charitable programs, including the fulfillment of charitable requests as per the established criteria and processes.
- Support the development and implementation of program procedures and databases.
- Assist the Charitable Coordinator in managing assigned project budgets and support the area’s annual budgeting process.
- Assist in managing assigned charitable requests and maintain the charitable database as required.
- Assist in managing any associated benefits and recognition for assigned charitable program files.
- Undertake charitable application reviews, recommendations, and post-analyses, as assigned.
- Respond to general public inquiries on charitable application processes.
- Assist the Charitable Coordinator in undertaking analytical and report writing, including program and post-event summaries and analyses.
- Provide charitable program updates for corporate-wide communication material (i.e., internal and external websites, etc.).
- Attend Flight Deck events and assist with program implementation.
- Assist with All Charities and United Way campaigns and assist in planning campaign events.
- Assist in managing the planning, coordinating, and implementation of the Volunteer program, including orientation & training, evaluation processes and annual recognition events and activities.
- Support the development and implementation of Volunteer program procedures and databases.
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with project budgets & support the area’s annual budgeting process.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an accurate and current volunteer information database. Input volunteer related data into the database.
- Assist in the planning, recruiting, contacting, orienting, training, scheduling, and supervising of volunteers at events on an ongoing basis.
- Provide education and information to volunteers.
- As required, assist the Team Leaders, Community Events at community sponsorship & corporate partnership related initiatives.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, business, communications or a related discipline, or an acceptable combination of education, experience and volunteerism or Volunteer Management.
- A minimum of one year experience in charitable program coordination and/or volunteer program coordination, as well as event planning.
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- The ability to use and maintain databases, and familiarity with the use of graphics software.
- Have and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License.
- The core competencies for this position include customer service, teamwork and cooperation, communication, self-development and initiative, valuing diversity, integrity and building trust, achieving quality results, technical/professional knowledge. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
- Formal designation in Event Coordination through the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council.
- Completion of a Volunteer Management certificate or program.
- Experience working with a broad range of clients from community organizations, major businesses and volunteers.
- Gaming or related industry experience.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
Salary: $19.79 – $24.35
Bargaining Unit: CUPE
Location: St. James
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
All applications are due by: September 28, 2015
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23