OverviewManitoba Government Technical Vocational Education Consultant Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Technical Vocational Education Consultant
Extensive experience coordinating Technology Education programs (Technical-Vocational, Industrial Arts, Home Economics) within Manitoba schools….
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Must have the ability to travel within Manitoba
- Must have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Extensive experience coordinating Technology Education programs (Technical-Vocational, Industrial Arts, Home Economics) within Manitoba schools
- Extensive experience coordinating High School Apprenticeship and Work Education programs within Manitoba schools
- Experience leading diverse work groups and project teams
- Ability to build relationships, foster collaboration, and develop partnerships between various educational stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to act with diplomacy and tact
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to create and edit various documents with a high degree of accuracy
- Effective organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health policies and procedures
- Knowledge of school facility construction and renovation including mechanical and architectural standards and interpretation of construction drawings
The Technical Vocational Education Consultant is responsible for coordinating Technology Education programming, Work Education and High School Apprenticeship Programs within Manitoba schools. This position coordinates programs and develops partnership arrangements between schools/divisions/districts, business and industry, post-secondary institutions, government departments, and community agencies to strengthen pathways from school to work. This position also provides leadership to implement Technology Education and facilitate related professional learning for educators. Duties also include collaborating with the Public Schools Finance Board regarding new facilities and renovations, approval of unit-credit and program grants, and tracking and payment authorization for the Skills Strategy Equipment Enhancement Fund. A detailed position description is available upon request.
Apply to: Advertisement # 30893
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23