OverviewManitoba Government Superintendent Full Time in The Pas, MB
Branch The Pas MB CA
The Pas, MB
Preservation, Capital Program (minor construction projects), Planned and Emergent Operations, Input to the Capital Program, Stakeholder interaction, Human…
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Founded on proven areas of expertise, Water Management and Structures Division (WMSD) is proactive and collaborative working in teams to develop policies, processes and programs. Relationships are based on mutual trust and respect. Communication is honest, open and inclusive. Divisional processes are current, documented and clear and aligned with Government Policy. WMSD fosters a learning environment that helps employees to actively collaborate and seek the knowledge, information, training and tools to deliver excellence in our services. Employees have clear and well defined roles that reflect the common vision and are recognized for their expertise by external and internal partners. WMSD provides a safe and professional environment with the tools, technology and knowledge management systems to deliver benchmark services.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the required job duties.
- Must be able to travel to work sites within the province by ground, water and air transportation.
- Must be able to work for extended hours and periods of time.
- Must be able to work in hazardous conditions as described in the OSHRM safe work practices (i.e., near and around construction equipment, roadway traffic, waterways, etc.) and be able to work in an outdoor rough terrain environment in both winter and summer months.
- Municipal/Civil Technology diploma with extensive recent experience in infrastructure management or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the delivery and administration of Maintenance Programs.
- Experience in human resource and financial management.
- Experience in surveying, design and environmental requirements for water resource projects and flood response.
- Knowledge of Occupational, Safety, Health & Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to prepare letters, memorandums and reports for a wide ranging audience.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and courteously.
- Effective organizational, project and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Computer Software (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Reporting to the Regional Water Operations Manager, the District Superintendent (one of six Provincially) is the Department’s front line representative for the operation, preservation (maintenance and inspection), and stakeholder interaction for the water control infrastructure comprised of dams, flood protection dikes and associated works, water control structures, diversions, pump stations, crossings and drainage networks. The incumbent is responsible for the yearly delivery of multimillion dollar programs including: Preservation, Capital Program (minor construction projects), Planned and Emergent Operations, Input to the Capital Program, Stakeholder interaction, Human Resource Management, and Financial Accountability.
Apply to: Advertisement # 32534
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: The Pas, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10