OverviewManitoba Government Senior Administrative Officer Full Time in The Pas, MB
Branch The Pas MB CA
Senior Administrative Officer
The Pas, MB
This position is required to ensure that funds expended are appropriately accounted for and expended for the intended purposes and within the authorized limits….
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term, part-time and/or full-time positions within the Rural and Northern Services and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Senior Administrative Officer provides leadership, expertise and support in a wide range of management and supervisory activities associated with the management of finances and resources within the region.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- A satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check.
- A satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Post secondary education in business administration, financial management or accounting. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at an underfill or commensurate classification and salary level.
- Experience in financial management, budgets, cash flow, reporting and financial controls.
- Experience in office management, including managing office space, furniture, equipment, telecommunication requirements, computer systems.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities and conflicting and tight deadlines.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in human resource management with the ability to supervise and lead a team.
- Experience interpreting and applying acts, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and financial databases.
- Knowledge of government accounting in SAP.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health Regulations.
- Ability to develop regional administrative and operating policies.
Responsibilities include: financial management and accounting, financial analysis, regional policy development, human resources management, administrative and operational systems, workplace safety and health, and other job functions. This position is required to ensure that funds expended are appropriately accounted for and expended for the intended purposes and within the authorized limits. The position is also responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all administrative support staff within The Pas office location.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: The Pas, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23