OverviewManitoba Government Policy Specialist – Trade Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Policy Specialist – Trade
Civil Service Commission. WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR…
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Manitoba Agriculture works to accelerate the greater prosperity and capacity of agricultural producers and industry, food processors, other rural entrepreneurs, organizations, as well as rural and northern communities. We do this by providing leadership and a range of information, programs, and services in support of a vibrant rural and northern Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s licence.
- Must be able to travel throughout the province of Manitoba, nationally and internationally.
- Post secondary education in Agricultural Economics or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education in a related field preferably Economics, Business, or Agriculture with related experience in the area of international economics or trade.
- Experience in the agriculture industry working in the areas of trade policy, finance, and/or economics.
- Knowledge of trade flows, trade advocacy, trade agreements, and trade policies affecting Manitoba’s agriculture industry.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience assessing financial and economic impacts of policies and programs related to internal and international agriculture trade issues.
- Knowledge of provincial, federal, and international programs and policies affecting the agriculture and food industries.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to convey complex and politically sensitive issues, demonstrating political acumen.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Experience in developing public policies and/or programs.
- Experience managing time sensitive and complex demands in a fast paced and politically sensitive environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Reporting to the Manager, Sector Policy, Planning and Programs; the Policy Specialist’s main responsibility is the analysis of interprovincial, national, and international trade agreements and market access issues affecting Manitoba’s opportunities and economic growth for the agriculture sector. Relative to a focus on trade, the Policy Specialist will be expected to identify, analyze, and report on new trade opportunities that may require further planning and discussion with the sector to take action. The incumbent must also have a strong awareness of the political environment trade operates in and identify complex political positions.
Apply to: Advertisement # 32429
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24