OverviewManitoba Government Operations Program Manager Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Operations Program Manager
Post secondary education in Emergency Management, Public Administration, Political Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, City Planning or…
An eligibility list will be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Reporting to the Director of Emergency Operations, the Operations Program Manager is accountable for the overall planning, development, implementation, management, and analysis of the operations policies, protocols, activities, and programs that support the Manitoba Emergency Management System, the efficient and effective operation of the Manitoba Emergency Coordination Centre (MECC), and the coordination of the Provincial response by the Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization during emergencies and disasters as directed by the Manitoba Emergency Plan and as prescribed in the Emergency Measures Act.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
- Willing and able to travel throughout Manitoba, Canada, and internationally (accommodations and transportation provided), and to work alone and in remote locations on occasion.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment for extended hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Post secondary education in Emergency Management, Public Administration, Political Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, City Planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Emergency or disaster management experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Management experience and the ability to develop, coach, mentor, evaluate, and motivate professional staff and apply effective human resource management practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies or procedures.
- Experience leading in operational planning, issues management and/or project management in a multi-agency environment.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to conduct analysis and develop solutions for complex issues.
- Political acumen and the ability to manage confidential and politically sensitive material and situations in an appropriate manner.
- Verbal communication skills with experience facilitating to a variety of audiences.
- Written communication skills with experience developing original content and writing analytical documents.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Organization skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines in a high pressure, fast paced, change driven environment.
- Knowledge of principles and current practices in emergency management, including emergency operations centres, the incident command system, and crisis action planning.
- Knowledge of or experience with change management processes.
The position facilitates the continuity and coordination of government emergency management operations from the maintenance of situational awareness and coordination of routine response activities done in the normal course of business to full activation of the MECC for significant events. This position is a key leader in the MECC fulfilling the role of MECC Manager or acting as MECC Director. This position serves as senior emergency response and operations policy advisor for the branch, leading and collaborating with other branches, departments, agencies, and partners in contingency and crisis action planning, in coordinating emergency public alerts, and in response coordination efforts for emergencies and disasters.
Apply to: Advertisement # 32504
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23