OverviewManitoba Government Manager Environmental Services Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Manager Environmental Services
Bachelor-level degree in Engineering (environmental preferred) or equivalent Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba qualifications….
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Must be a registered member (or eligible for registration) as an Engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Ability to travel by boat, air, and ground transportation.
- Bachelor-level degree in Engineering (environmental preferred) or equivalent Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba qualifications.
- Extensive experience in an environmental assessment related field and in managing the environmental approval process.
- Experience in managing and supervising employees.
- Strong leadership skills to create and sustain an environment to enable staff to achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective, positive, and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
Reporting to the Director of Highway Planning and Design, this senior professional engineering management position is responsible for the central coordination and overall management of the environmental programs for the Engineering & Operations (E&O), and Water Management & Structures (WMS) Divisions. The position manages the environmental assessment and approval processes for the two Divisions, manages the environmental liabilities program for the two Divisions, and takes professional responsibility for project approvals under federal and provincial environmental legislation. This position is responsible for developing and recommending policy to senior management and will represent the Department at public and stakeholder meetings and hearings.
Apply to: Advertisement # 32387
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05