OverviewManitoba Government Manager Analytical Services Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Manager Analytical Services
A relevant degree in areas such as commerce, public administration, social sciences, and/or a professional designation, such as a Certified Professional…
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Treasury Board Secretariat is a key central agency of government and offers the opportunity to gain a broad exposure to government policies, programs and fiscal management/decision-making processes. Knowledge and experience gained at the Secretariat provides employees excellent opportunities to advance their career within the Manitoba Government. The Treasury Board Secretariat provides analytical support to Treasury Board, a committee of Cabinet. The position of Treasury Board analyst will be of interest to individuals who are motivated and proactive in their approach, can apply superior critical thinking and proven analytical skills to complex issues and problems, demonstrate attentiveness to detail, and have an interest in seeking ways for improvement throughout all aspects of the operation of government.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- A relevant degree in areas such as commerce, public administration, social sciences, and/or a professional designation, such as a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA). Other combinations of education and experience in the area of financial / program analysis may be considered.
- Experience with the decision-making processes of government, which may include policy development, strategic planning, budgeting, program evaluation and reporting to senior management.
- Experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders and officials on politically sensitive issues.
- Experience in a management or supervisory capacity with the ability to apply effective human resources practices.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to maintain a corporate perspective on issues and develop recommendations with a full consideration of various alternatives.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop, coach and motivate professional staff and to establish productive working relationships with senior management staff across government.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize, manage and evaluate the work of a team of professional analysts working in a dynamic and time sensitive environment.
- Superior written communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Superior oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to executive decision makers.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage conflict.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
The Manager of Analytical Services is required to; provide information, recommendations and advice to Treasury Board, senior management and/or other government officials on a variety of program and financial issues by conducting analyses of in-year proposals and annual budget submissions. Undertake financial projections and variance analyses and prepare briefing material for senior management and Treasury Board. Establish strong working relationships with departmental personnel and senior government officials, and assist and advise departments on appropriate guidelines, procedures and directives.
Apply to: Advertisement # 32050
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-20