OverviewManitoba Government Foster Care Worker Full Time in Steinbach, MB
Branch Steinbach MB CA
Foster Care Worker
Knowledge of foster care coordination processes and management. Excellent interpersonal skills to develop positive working relationships with clients and foster…
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must have a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must have a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel on government business within the Province of Manitoba.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays, when required.
- Post-secondary degree in Social Sciences (preferably BSW).
- Case management experience (including counselling, performing assessments, planning, risk assessment, protective services and service coordination) in a social service setting. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at a commensurate or underfill classification and salary level.
- Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks in a complex, high volume work environment with competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop positive working relationships with clients and foster parents.
- Knowledge of abuse and neglect (Child and Adult).
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Knowledge of foster care coordination processes and management.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Foster Care Worker for Child and Family Services and Community Living DisAbility Services is responsible for the delivery of foster care services within the Eastman Region. Duties include placement needs assessment, recruitment, studies and licensing, orientation, training, support, and matching and coordination for emergency receiving resources, places of safety, foster homes, and specialized treatment homes. The Foster Care Worker also establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other program and Regional staff, as well as staff from the four Child and Family Services Authorities and their respective delivery agencies. This dynamic position requires effective case management skills incorporating sound fiscal and administrative management as well as workload management.
Apply to: Advertisement # 30806
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Steinbach, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24