OverviewManitoba Government Emergency Services Officer/Instructor (Fire Inspector Program) Full Time in Brandon, MB
Branch Brandon MB CA
Emergency Services Officer/Instructor (Fire Inspector Program)
Computer proficiency in processing documents and spreadsheets, designing presentations, and operating e-mail software….
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC) is a special operating agency of the government that performs a critical role in ensuring and maintaining Manitoba’s public safety. The overall mission is to safeguard both persons and property from fire and life safety hazards through education, investigation, emergency response and code application.
As the premier leader in firefighter, paramedic and emergency services training, the Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC) in Brandon, Manitoba is the Agency’s arm in building, training and developing confident, competent firefighters, inspectors, investigators, instructors, officers and paramedics.
The College is seeking an experienced Emergency Services Officer/Instructor for the Fire Inspection Program who will be responsible for the delivery, testing, evaluation, monitoring and assessment of emergency services courses in this field.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, a defined pension plan, relocation costs as applicable, training, educational support and career development opportunities, among others.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba and occasionally in Canada and internationally.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver`s license or its equivalent from other jurisdiction.
- Must be able to obtain satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for work purposes.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be physically capable of wearing full turn-out gear and a self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties and functions of the job including lifting heavy objects, kneeling, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, working at heights and entering confined spaces in various temperatures.
- Completion of Emergency Services Instructor level I course or an equivalent or comparable instructor training or educational program.
- Completion of Fire Inspector level II or comparable formal training or educational program.
- Experience conducting fire safety inspections or investigations.
- Knowledge of applicable building and fire safety codes and standards in Manitoba and Canada.
- Experience delivering or executing training and educational programs.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for addressing work-related issues.
- Written communication skills for preparing comprehensive students’ and training reports.
- Verbal communication skills for facilitating classroom discussions and meetings.
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with diverse clients/stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple or competing priorities within tight time frames.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of curriculum development and/or evaluation of training programs.
- Certificate in Adult Education (CAE) or any program related to training and education.
- Computer proficiency in processing documents and spreadsheets, designing presentations, and operating e-mail software.
- Knowledge of training technology, approaches and methodologies.
This position is primarily responsible for the development, delivery, maintenance and evaluation of a number of training and educational programs at the College with focus on the Fire Inspector program. The incumbent is also required on occasions to respond to international, national and local emergencies on behalf of the OFC.
A complete position description is available upon request.
Apply to: Advertisement # 30767
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brandon, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23