OverviewManitoba Government Collections Officer Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Experience with business accounting principles and financial statements. Civil Service Commission. When applying to this advertisement, please indicate the…
Preference will be given to women, Aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, temporary, and casual positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This position is classified at the Clerk 5 (CL5) level. Candidates may be considered on a developmental basis up to and including the Clerk 4 (CL4) classification level. In order to be appointed to the full working (CL5) level, the incumbent is required to complete a development plan. Duration of the development plan will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate and will be discussed prior to commencement.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Extensive experience in collection and enforcement techniques.
- Experience with business accounting principles and financial statements.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, regulations and policies.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience creating correspondence.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite including (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to tactfully relay sensitive information.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions based on excellent judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Basic knowledge of the Taxation Acts and collection related legislation.
The Collections Officer is responsible for the collection, compliance and enforcement of tax arrears and the delinquent filing of tax returns under all the taxation statutes administered by the Taxation Division.
– Communicates by telephone, correspondence or in person with debtors and external clients.
– Gathers information to assess the ability to pay and obtains collection sources.
– Negotiates payment arrangements based on ability to pay and danger of loss.
– Recommends and issues third party demands, tax liens, and certificates of debt, set-offs and warrants for seizure.
– Reviews and determines course of action on receiverships, bankruptcies and proposals filed under The Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and The Companies Creditors Arrangement Act.
Apply to: Advertisement # 32311
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
When applying to this advertisement, please indicate the advertisement number
and position title in the subject line and body of your email. Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30