OverviewManitoba Government Central Adoption Registrar Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Central Adoption Registrar
Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. Experience working with adoption issues. The Adoption Registrar is accountable for the effective operation of…
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people.
An Eligibility list will be created for future full time regular and term positions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Prior Contact Check
- Effective April 1, 2015, you must be registered with the Manitoba College of Social Workers and a member in good standing with a current Certificate of Practice.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- University graduate in the Social Sciences (preferably BSW). Other acceptable combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Experience working with adoption issues
- Knowledge of psycho-social and emotional issues and impact for all persons involved in adoptions
- Sound counselling and clinical judgement skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with clients
- Extensive knowledge of The Child and Family Services Act, The Adoption Act and regulations
- Ability to deal effectively with issues of grief and loss and the conflicting needs/wishes of adoptees, birth parents and adoptive parents
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications (Word and Outlook)
- Knowledge of the pending changes in legislation regarding opening birth and adoption records
The Adoption Registrar is accountable for the effective operation of the Central Adoption Registry and the Paternity Registry. Responsible for facilitating and monitoring adoptions where agencies are involved and for monitoring adoption financial assistance to ensure compliance with legislation, regulation, policy and program standards. Accountable for providing expert consultation to child and family services agencies, licensed adoption agencies, courts, collateral professionals, and other government departments in Manitoba, other provinces, and other countries regarding Manitoba’s policies, procedures, legislation and regulations relating to adoption.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23