OverviewManitoba Government Application Intake and Assessment Clerk Full Time in Thompson, MB
Branch Thompson MB CA
Application Intake and Assessment Clerk
Provides administrative, secretarial and clerical support services and back-up coverage to reception as required….
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Legal Aid Manitoba provides legal help to people who are financially eligible. We strive to serve all clients with respect and dignity. Our service is fundamental to a fair and balanced justice system.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Experience providing administrative support in a legal office environment.
- Experience gathering and compiling information through interviewing clients or conducting research.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the public, clients, government agencies and professionals.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience interpreting complex documents and provide appropriate assessments and recommendations within specific policies or legislation.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent programs.
- Knowledge of Legal Aid Manitoba, the application process and related legislation.
Investigates and responds to enquiries from the general public, clients, staff/private bar counsel, and court officials regarding the status of Legal Aid applications. Accepts applications for Legal Aid, and provides information to Application Intake and Assessment Officers that allows them to determine and assess the applications. Provides administrative, secretarial and clerical support services and back-up coverage to reception as required.
Apply to: Advertisement # 32324
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3J7
Email: [email protected]
Please note that additional administrative or clerical positions may be recruited to through the Common Recruitment Initiative: http://www.gov.mb.ca/govjobs/info/programs.html#CRI
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Thompson, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01