OverviewManitoba Blue Cross Travel Claims Assistant Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Manitoba Blue Cross
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Travel Claims Assistant
Capable of completing industry education programs entailing a self-directed study and the writing of graded examinations….
TRAVEL CLAIMS Assistant - (130815)
Team Lead, Travel
The Travel Claims Assistant provides practical support to the Travel Claims area with the organization and verification of travel claims mail, assisting with inquiries and department correspondence, providing technical support in the processing and payment of both individual and group Travel claims, assisting with department data collection and related duties and ensuring claim procedures are properly followed and production standards are met. This position also supports the Life & Disability team as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Opens, date stamps, sorts, lists, and files travel health mail.
- Assists with Data collection and file purging.
- Updates excel files and the MH spreadsheet.
- Assists with repricing reports and coordination of claims with claim repricer.
- Enters information for U.S. cheques.
- Enters MH payments in excel files.
- Creates new folders and pulls and sorts existing files for claims received.
- Mails claim forms and correspondence, as required.
- Updates daily exchange rates.
- Identifies opportunities for process and information management improvement and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Responds to routine written and verbal requests regarding claim status.
- Ensures all claimant records are filed appropriately and kept confidential and handled in compliance with applicable health records privacy legislation.
- Provides claim statistics for Production Report.
- Returns claims to subscribers for claim forms or additional information.
- Assists with memos.
- Enters claims for both individual and group travel and assists with creating headers.
- Enters stats and drawback claims related to MH and repricer payments.
- Processes claims as time permits.
- Backs-up Travel Claims Representatives.
- Photocopies and/or files documents as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating, and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field and 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize several activities on an ongoing basis.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including legible handwriting.
- Ability to work efficiently within prescribed performance standards.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels within the organization in a team environment.
- A sense of empathy, understanding and attenuation to sensitive claimant issues and problems.
- Previous claims adjudication experience and/or experience in the health field, an asset.
- Completion of medical certificate courses an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or background in medical administration an asset.
- Computer skills particularly Excel and Word an asset.
- Knowledge of pharmacy, medical and dental products, and their terminology, an asset.
- Ability to learn and use MBC computer applications relevant to the Claims department.
- Capable of completing industry education programs entailing a self-directed study and the writing of graded examinations. Specific programs include but are not limited to LOMA, CEBS and ICA. Enrollment in, and completion of, such courses will be encouraged.
- Overtime may be required over peak periods.
Note: Manitoba Blue Cross offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and a comfortable work environment. Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by Friday, August 21, 2015.
We thank all that apply; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16