OverviewManager, SouthWestern Academic Health Network in London, ON
University of Western Ontario
Branch London ON CA
Manager, SouthWestern Academic Health Network
provides outstanding education within a research… approaches on palliative care. Qualifications Education: – Undergraduate Degree in Business, Health…
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours of Work: 35 per week
Salary Grade: 16
Please note, this is a one year temporary contract opportunity. Secondments are welcome.
Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities. The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry provides outstanding education within a research-intensive, distributed learning environment where tomorrow’s physicians, dentists and health researchers and other scholars learn to be socially responsible leaders in the advancement of human health. The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry is the largest Faculty on campus and employs over 2,000 part time and full time faculty and over 1,000 staff.
The goal of the South Western Academic Health Network (SWAHN) is to positively transform health outcomes and delivery of health care in Southwestern Ontario through integrated excellence in research, education and clinical practice. SWAHN brings together professionals, educators and researchers across all health disciplines, including partners in the universities, colleges, hospitals, research organizations, healthcare delivery organizations, clinicians, educators and local integrated health networks to achieve extensive, sustainable and evidence-based health outcomes for communities and residents of Southwestern Ontario. The Office of Hospital & Interfaculty Relations, at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, is responsible for co-facilitating the implementation of SWAHN.
The SouthWestern Academic Health Network (SWAHN) is considered a “virtual network of networks”. SWAHN is led by a Steering Committee of senior leaders of the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry and the Faculty of Health Sciences at Western University, St. Clair College, Lambton College, Fanshawe College, the University of Waterloo, the University of Windsor, Local Health Integrated Networks, London Health Sciences Center, St. Joseph’s Healthcare and several community hospitals. The SWAHN Manager will be a Western employee based at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry but will be accountable to all members of SWAHN.
The Manager contributes to the success of SWAHN through project management, communications/change management and resource management for a variety of initiatives. Some initiatives include organizing a nutrition symposium, streamlining research ethics reviews, building a database of research foci and documenting and sharing approaches on palliative care.
– Undergraduate Degree in Business, Health Studies, Science or Organizational Behaviour
– Partial completion of certificate in project management
– 5 years’ directly related experience, accountable for implementation of a multi-dimensional strategic plan
Skills & Expertise:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
– Proven ability to take initiative and champion a project from conception through implementation and evaluation
– Excellent skills in eliciting, analyzing, specifying, validating and documenting business needs of project stakeholders
– A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
– Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
– Demonstrated ability to manage resources and mitigate risks relating to inefficient use of resources
– Demonstrated ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
– Strong attention to detail with an ability to process information with high levels of accuracy using strong organizational skills
– A strong record of teamwork with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-29