OverviewManager, Municipal Engagement in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Manager, Municipal Engagement
business direction to the municipal levels of government and other relevant parties. Establishes and… and manages critical government and municipal issues…
The Manager is responsible for advocating Canada Post’s strategic business direction to the municipal levels of government and other relevant parties. Establishes and maintains relationships with key municipalities and officials to support the corporate vision. Managing key and sensitive issues challenging Canada Post Corporation on a proactive and reactive basis, the Manager will engage directly with Mayors, Councilors and Staff. The Manager is the primary point of contact; investigates, analyzes and provides strategic guidance and resolution on contentious issues raised by municipal officials. This will include audience research and identification, front-line engagement
and meetings, online media proliferation, blogger engagement and relationship management, trend spotting, content creation, social media activity and new technique innovation and implementation.
Working with other internal functions, the Manager keeps abreast of national, regional and local corporate activities which may have significant impacts on service to Canadians. This role is instrumental in developing and implementing communication strategies to various elected Municipal Officials and related stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
• Act as the primary liaison for one or more concurrent initiatives, such as the Canada Post’s five-point action plan; managing proactive and reactive issues and communications, from strategy to messaging to execution.
• Investigate, analyze and provide strategic guidance and resolution on diverse and complex public and political issues raised by municipal officials.
• Identify and report on potential issues and trends that may affect Canada Post’s credibility in communities. Proactively identifies and manages critical government and municipal issues through audience research, online media proliferation, blogger engagement, relationship management, trend spotting etc.
• Manage and ensure that community organizations / officials are aware of Canada Post’s overall corporate vision, as well as progress achievements and accomplishments.
• Consult with business units such as Operations to understand their business plans and explores possible areas of customization or improvement in order to ensure that Operations employees are effectively positioned and can execute for business success.
• Prepare briefings and background information to support the President & CEO and Senior Executives on complex public issues. Provides analysis and updates on these issues to the Director and General Manager on an as-needed and regular basis.
• Ensure comprehensive and effective communications and change management strategies are in place to support the successful implementation of all new corporate business initiatives, such as the Canada Post’s five-point action plan; ensures consistency with all Canada Post initiatives, policies and communications.
• Maintain both a comprehensive internal and external network to assist in future issues facing Government Affairs. Develops municipal relations strategy and associated plan for Canada Post that builds eminence and maximizes future opportunities in these areas; works as a part of the team of Government Affairs experts on critical and challenging emerging issues, ensuring they are kept current and in line with the corporate communication strategy.
• Monitor, ensures integrity and responds to changes and developments in municipal and provincial government policies which specifically affect Canada Post.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• University degree and/or college diploma in a related field
• Minimum of five years political, government affairs or communications experience
• Has a thorough understanding of the local municipal political and bureaucratic environment and processes gained through direct experience interacting with municipal elected representatives and officials
• Experience or familiarity in managing outreach activities and in working with regional and cultural communities
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
Five year term position with the possibility of permanency or extension.
Occasional travel required.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2014-07-13