OverviewMake a Future – Careers in BC Education Capital Projects Coordinator Temporary in Coquitlam, BC
Make a Future – Careers in BC Education
Branch Coquitlam BC CA
Capital Projects Coordinator
Do you have what it takes to join our team? Ability to prepare formal letters from the School Board Facilities Divisions to architects, consultants, contractors…
1- year Temporary
(coverage approximately March 2017 – March 2018)
We are hiring! Do you have what it takes to join our team? We see our employees as our greatest assets. We have a current career opportunity for a 1-year temporary Capital Projects Coordinator. School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) is the third largest school district in BC with approximately 32,000 students in 70 schools. We serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, and the villages of Anmore and Belcarra. Our district has been consistently rated by British Columbia Ministry of Education as one of the best performing districts in the province and we are proud to run the largest international education program in Canada.
The Capital Projects Coordinator reports to the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer Facilities & Planning and provides technical, contractual, planning and financial coordination including project development, project administration and financial recordkeeping.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A Building Technology or Construction Technology diploma or equivalent from a recognized Technology Institute or registration as a member of the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia in a building or construction category.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in school construction project administration and coordination or approved equivalent.
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer software, including spreadsheets, project scheduling, communications/modem, data base and word processing.
- Current knowledge of construction contract law, CCDC documents, CCAC documents, public tendering practices, bonding, surety and insurance procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of current building technology for architectural, mechanical, electrical and structural disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge of materials and methods used in building construction.
- Considerable knowledge of contracting practices, subtrade management and c.p.m. project scheduling.
- Ability to negotiate with consultants and contractors and to resolve conflicts between parties involved in construction project implementation.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and effectively manage time in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to make timely, cost-effective decisions in a time-critical environment.
- Ability to prepare formal letters from the School Board Facilities Divisions to architects, consultants, contractors, municipalities, principals and the public on matters pertaining to assigned projected, for signature by management.
- A valid BC driver’s license and business use of personal vehicle.
Applicants are advised they must successfully complete a criminal record check prior to hiring. This position is full-time 40 hours per week – $28.95 per hour + 16% in lieu of benefits
To apply, please forward your resume to [email protected]
or 550 Poirier Street, Coquitlam, BC, V3J 6A7 no later than Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 4:00 pm
For more job opportunities with SD43, please visit www.makeafuture.ca/coquitlam
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11