OverviewMainstreet Equity Corp. Regional Property Manager – Saskatoon, SK – Mainstreet Equity Corp. Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Mainstreet Equity Corp.
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Regional Property Manager – Saskatoon, SK – Mainstreet Equity Corp.
Is a publicly traded residential real estate company in Canada. About Mainstreet Equity Corp….
About Mainstreet Equity Corp. Established in 1998, Mainstreet Equity Corp. is a publicly traded residential real estate company in Canada. As a value creator, Mainstreet has grown its portfolio from 272 units to 9,159 units by purchasing under-performing properties, renovating them to a branded standard, improving operating efficiencies and repositioning them in the market for greater returns. Currently, Mainstreet owns and operates properties in Surrey, New Westminster & Abbotsford, BC, in Calgary, Cochrane, Edmonton & Fort Saskatchewan, AB and in Saskatoon, SK.
As a leader in the mid-market, Mainstreet is committed to providing consistent, high quality living standards for our tenants by delivering a high level of customer service, renovated suites at market rents and a strong, consistent brand.
For more information about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
In this challenging and varied role, you will be responsible for the management of daily operations, maintenance, and administration of assigned locations. One of the fundamental responsibilities of this role includes managing an annual operating and capital budget while maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction, in accordance with policies and guidelines.
Your key duties and responsibilities will also include:
- Supervising building managers, maintenance staff, cleaners, landscapers and office personnel;
- Ensuring day-to-day operations are on schedule and within prescribed budgets;
- Maximizing profits by managing NOI and CAPEX budget within your portfolio;
- Hiring, training and supervising personnel in accordance with company mandates, policies and procedures;
- Coordinating, delegating, directing and/or guiding team members in the performance of their respective day-to-day responsibilities;
- Performing annual performance evaluations with team members;
- Ensuring that your investment portfolio is operating safely and efficiently (ensuring respective building or portfolio has security, is well maintained, is clean, and provides the necessary infrastructure required for the operation of all services and facilities within the complex);
- Applying innovative thinking to attract prospective customers;
- Preparing the monthly budget;
- Dealing with contractors and tradespeople;
- Ensuring proper legal action is taken against any delinquent tenants, including representing Mainstreet at tribunals;
- Analyzing monthly financial statements;
- Dealing with employee grievances; and
- Managing a team of 25+ team members.
As our ideal candidate, you must have 2+ years of residential property management experience along with excellent communication (both verbal and written), organizational, time management and listening skills. Driven to succeed and grow the business, you have demonstrated knowledge of building construction, HVAC, fire, safety and mechanical systems and the respective by-laws and/or regulations governing the installation, operation and/or maintenance of all equipment and leasehold improvements. Highly adaptable, you are able to work effectively in high stress situations and manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities. Knowledge of the Saskatoon Residential Tenancies Act and all relevant labour and human rights legislation governing the hiring, supervision and dismissal of employees will give you a distinct advantage.
You’ll be a natural fit for the role if you are entrepreneurial and energetic with solid problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills. If you thrive in an environment where you get to wear multiple hats, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Please note, a valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to successfully complete a security clearance and work evenings and weekends are required.
If you share our belief that a flat structure and open-door policy leads to open communication and that new ideas lead to innovation, we want to speak with you –
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23