OverviewMadill’s Drugs Pharmacy Assistant Full Time in Meadow Lake, SK
Branch Meadow Lake SK CA
Meadow Lake, SK
Set up a schedule for outdated pharmaceuticals. Assist with checking off and putting away pharmaceutical orders. Reports to the Pharmacy Manager….
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY ASSISTANT
OBJECTIVE : Under the personal supervision of a pharmacist, to perform specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations. To assist in inventory control, supplies and housekeeping duties. Reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
The pharmacy assistant must be under the supervision of a pharmacist at all times. All dispensing functions performed by a pharmacy assistant must be carried out in accordance with provincial regulations and standards of practice.
- Receive written prescription from customers.
- Locate the medication, select the prescription container and count/pour the medication.
- Attach the label to the prescription container.
- Ensure that the original container, prescription container contents and label are checked and initialed by the pharmacist.
- Regularly phone customers for unclaimed prescriptions.
B. PHARMACY OPERATIONS
Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. Generally, to include:
- Keep all areas of the pharmacy clean, neat and professional.
- Maintain adequate stock of pharmacy supplies.
- Answer the pharmacy telephone, with the exception of the doctor’s line, which should be answered by a pharmacist. All doctors’ calls and inquiries regarding prescriptions, copies, drug information and poisons, to be referred to a pharmacist.
- Assist with third party billing.
- Set up a schedule for outdated pharmaceuticals.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Assist with checking off and putting away pharmaceutical orders.
- Maintain stocks of pamphlets/consumer information.
- Maintain OTC/non-prescription sections, as designated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Preference will be given to those who have completed formal education as a Pharmacy Technician or have retail Pharmacy experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and has experience multi-tasking.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Meadow Lake, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-04