OverviewMackenzie Health SUMMER COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING ASSISTANT – Foundation (16-777 MH) Temporary in Richmond Hill, ON
Branch Richmond Hill ON CA
SUMMER COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING ASSISTANT – Foundation (16-777 MH)
Richmond Hill, ON
Assists the Director with the writing, design and production of creative and compelling marketing and advertising materials in support of the campaign,…
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $111 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to help build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities.
Under the mentorship of the Director, the Summer Communications and Marketing Assistant will assist with communications and marketing activities that support the campaign through increased engagement with donors and other stakeholders, as well as broaden awareness of the role that philanthropy plays in supporting exceptional care in our community. Another component of the role is to help the team bring stories and key content to life using superior writing and creative design to achieve the Foundation’s strategic communications and marketing objectives.
Responsibilities • Assists the Director with the writing, design and production of creative and compelling marketing and advertising materials in support of the campaign, including flyers, brochures, posters, billboards, promotional items and advertisements.
• Assists the Coordinator in writing and laying out engaging and compelling content for a variety of stakeholder audiences and platforms, including a quarterly newsletter, community magazine, e-newsletters, website, and social media.
• Assists the Director with the digital media strategy and plan development.
• Assists the Coordinator in developing and preparing daily content for social media and digital platforms, including donor profiles, photo galleries, videos and infographics.
• Assists the Coordinator in providing photograph and video coverage of Foundation and community events for print publications and digital assets.
• Assists the Coordinator in producing a series of videos with grateful patients and exceptional care providers in support of the campaign.
• Assists the Coordinator with creative page layout and graphic design using InDesign and illustrator for marketing materials and electronic and print publications
• Assists the Coordinator and Special Events team with internal and external multi-media presentations.
• Assists with project activities as required.
• Adheres to all approved policies and procedures for the Foundation.
• Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Mackenzie Health’s Health and Safety Policies.
• Positively represents Mackenzie Health Foundation in the community.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications • Current registration in a College or University communications program from a recognized academic institution, with studies including graphic design and /or digital social media.
o Must be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs grant position:
o be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
o has been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
o be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
o be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Be a team player who is also self-motivated and works effectively in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and multiple workflows.
• Possess strong writing, communication and research skills.
• A demonstrated passion for social media and digital content communication and marketing will be considered an asset.
• Be creative, with excellent skills in writing, photography, filming, editing and design.
• Have demonstrated experience/skills in the daily management of branded digital assets, including multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Youtube
• Experience coordinating, producing and editing compelling video content and communications.
• Experience with SEO and SEM.
• Experience with creating digital and social media content calendars.
• Proactive and organized with an ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Pages and Outlook, Keynote, Numbers, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, MailChimp and the Internet.
• Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
• Adaptable with an ability to be positive and flexible.
• Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] . Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11