OverviewMackenzie Health REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE – Obstetrics (16-549) Temporary in Richmond Hill, ON
Branch Richmond Hill ON CA
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE – Obstetrics (16-549)
Richmond Hill, ON
Breastfeeding course and Fetal health surveillance course (FHSL) an asset. To provide a high quality of nursing care to postpartum mothers with babies and…
To provide a high quality of nursing care to postpartum mothers with babies and stable antepartum patients. Care will be provided utilizing the principles of Family Centered care and the nursing process, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession.
- Graduate of a recognized program for Registered Practical Nurses.
- Holds a current general certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certificate.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification preferred upon hire but must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
- Breastfeeding course and Fetal health surveillance course (FHSL) an asset. FHSL will be required within 3 months of hire.
- Previous obstetrical experience required.
- Enrolled in or successfully completed Physical Assessment Course.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
*This position is being represented by OPSEU
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] . Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30