OverviewMackenzie Health NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR LEVEL 1 – ICAT (16-463 MH) Full Time in Richmond Hill, ON
Branch Richmond Hill ON CA
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR LEVEL 1 – ICAT (16-463 MH)
Richmond Hill, ON
The Network Systems Administrator (Level 1) will be part of a group responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of…
As part of the larger ICAT team works under indirect supervision, participates in planning, implementing, designing, analyzing, maintaining, and provides technical support for a large, complex computer systems and data communications networks. The Network Systems Administrator (Level 1) will be part of a group responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of enterprise network infrastructure.
- Monitors, maintains and optimizes system performance utilizing system management tools.
- The Network Systems Administrator will participate with management and other team members on all projects as they relate to communications, infrastructure and collaboration and is expected to provide input, ideas, recommendations in a team oriented work environment.
Qualifications health care environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Network administration and support, planning and designing experience.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with BGPEIGRP
- Must have excellent hands-on experience in IP backbones and IP services.
- Must have experience with Cisco routers, firewalls, load balancers and switching technologies.
- Nice to have experience with Cisco UCS and ISE
- Nice to have experience with operating systems, Microsoft infrastructure and storage networking
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of telecommunications business, operations, functions and processes.
- CCNA required
- ITIL certification is an asset
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related Information Technology Discipline preferred
- Expertise must include knowledge of and hand on experience with TCP/IP, OSI model, routing protocols (BGP, VCS, VTP, STP, LACP, PAgP, RSPAN, NAT, ACL, VRRP, HSRP, Cisco ACS, HSRP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, GRE, and VLAN Trunking).
- Extensive knowledge in L4-7 Load balancing technologies across a multi-vendor environment: SSL Termination. Source-NAT, Sticky, Hashing, GSLB, DSR, Remote vs. Real server.
- Provide support for the VPN remote access solutions
- Provide support for Web Proxy, inline IPS and Sniffer systems.
- Provide support for network services including DNS, DHCP, SNMP, HTTP, and HTTPS.
- PIPEDA/PHIPA compliance experience as it relates to network best practices and security as well as managing and complying to PIPEDA/PHIPA network controls
- Hands on experience with Linux/Unix systems running network management tools such as Snort, Syslog, MRTG, NMIS, RANCID, SNMP is preferred.
- Preferred expertise that encompasses network management and support, integration services, and security audit and design.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and written in a professional manner.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with both internal associates and external customers
- Support, patching and remediation in response to security flaws
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations
- Demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn and master new technology quickly and improve personal performance through continual self-study
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] . Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-28