OverviewMackenzie Health FOOD SERVICES ATTENDANT (16-775) Temporary in Richmond Hill, ON
Branch Richmond Hill ON CA
FOOD SERVICES ATTENDANT (16-775)
Richmond Hill, ON
The Food Service Attendant will provide support to the department of Food and Nutrition Services by completing the food service and sanitation tasks as assigned…
The Food Service Attendant will provide support to the department of Food and Nutrition Services by completing the food service and sanitation tasks as assigned.
- Clean up of patient/services dishes and Food Services equipment.
- Carry out food preparation for patients as appropriate.
- General departmental cleaning as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health.
- Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Must be physically capable of pushing loaded food carts, prolonged standing, walking long distances, working in refrigerators and freezers and lifting heavy boxes.
- Strong command of the English Language.
- Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Ability to understand therapeutic diets.
- Ability to follow WHMIS, HACCP, FIFO procedures and guidelines.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
*This position is represented by OPSEU
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] . Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12