MacDonald Island Park Facility Custodial – Anzac Part Time in Anzac, AB
MacDonald Island Park
Branch Anzac AB CA
Facility Custodial – Anzac
Under direct supervision of the Facility Custodial Lead Hand and the Facility Custodial Manager, the Facility Custodial performs a wide variety of custodial,…
Under direct supervision of the Facility Custodial Lead Hand and the Facility Custodial Manager, the Facility Custodial performs a wide variety of custodial, maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that MacDonald Island Park facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
Position Type: 1 part time Position Available
Pay Rate: $25.23/hour ($1 less during probationary period)
Anticipated Start Date: June 2018
Posting Period: Open until filled
The collective agreement can be viewed by visiting:
The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, is a not-for-profit company, operating recreational facilities in the Wood Buffalo Region. The flag ship complex, MacDonald Island Park is Canada’s largest community recreational, leisure, and social centre. Home to the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club and Shell Place, MacDonald Island Park works under the umbrella of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
First preference will be given to local candidates
- Performs routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance of assigned facilities
- Vacuums, shampoos and spot cleans carpets and furniture; washes windows.
- Wash and buff floors with floor polisher
- Wash entrance and exit floors
- Removes trash in accordance with established procedures.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms, locker rooms, swim center, child care center, and other areas in the facility
- Orders and stocks facilities with paper and supplies and replenishes as required.
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and the public.
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance.
- Responds to service requests, coordinates resources and implements the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of facility and community events.
- Writes and maintains routine documentation such as log books and washroom checks.
- Performs preventative maintenance in and around facilities.
- Completion of High School.
- First Aid/CPR
- WHMIS Certification
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a related field or similar facility.
- Experience operating floor scrubbers, floor waxing machines, and steam cleaners
- Knowledge of methods of maintaining, cleaning and preserving a variety of surfaces.
- Use of a wide range of chemicals according to provincial and health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Ability to work under little supervision.
- Knowledge and experience of handling and disposing of hazardous materials and blood borne pathogens with care.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for ,a diverse population
- Protocol for cleaning and disinfecting
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS &WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The Custodial is a physically demanding position. The incumbent must spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting heavy objects, operating medium weight cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, sweeping and mopping floors and moving desks and furniture. The incumbent is required to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions. Operating floor polishers and waxes are particularly hard on back muscles
- Job requires constant movement and must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 20 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, dust and noise. May be required to work under inclement weather conditions.