Junior Paralegal (12 month contract)
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
We are self-described “legal outliers.” Our vision is to inspire & educate, deliver legal advice to the business as trusted partners and strategy generators and act as change agents for the legal profession. The work environment we have built is evidence of the fullness of our lives (we wouldn’t choose a legal career anywhere else!) We believe in “the sweat life” – sweat, relationships & personal development – and we live it every day.
A day in the life:
You will be responsible to assist in a broad variety of legal matters including:
- Administer lululemon’s contract management system
- Assist Corporate Secretary in variety of tasks relating to the management of a publicly-traded company, including attendance at Risk & Compliance meetings
- Support the Director of IP in managing the IP portfolio
- Working with the lululemon SeaWheeze team in all legal aspects
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating various contracts received from across the business (including NDAs, Service Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Statement(s) of Work, etc.), which includes:
oWorking with the business prime to get clear on the exact arrangement that’s at hand (gather details, confirm what kind of information or access we are sharing with or giving to the vendor, confirm if we want to own any IP involved, etc.
oWorking with external counsel (when necessary) on anything that may arise.
oWorking with the vendor (when needed) to negotiate the contract (via email, phone calls, etc.).
oWorking with cross functional partners (procurement, tax, insurance, IT Security, etc.) to iron out specific issues that may arise pertaining to their respective departments).
- Attending to miscellaneous research and projects as requested by the team or the business (international work, template work, etc.)
- Paralegal Certificate/Diploma
- Some experience in-house would be an asset
- Some experience with American or global contracts would be an asset
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.